Nearly final thesis ideas 1
Notes for December 5
What we did
We went through six thesis ideas before prospectuses are due.
Freedom, Markets, & Well-being
- Robert: social isolation of slum dwellers in Argentina.
- Ian: the ideals of liberal arts education applied to the economics curriculum.
- Maddie: a comparison of government-led vs. spontaneous gentrification in Harlem and Williamsburg.
- Ariana: should colleges pay football players and, if so, how?
- Jessica: how should micro-finance institutions be integrated with the rest of the financial sector? E.g., what happens when they start taking deposits? Should they be regulated like larger banks or not?
- Rebecca: ethical questions about how cost effectiveness analysis works for the distribution of health care, with special attention to its effects on the provision of care to the disabled